An app for Polish proverbs
Polish is the language used throughout Poland and by Polish minorities in other countries. Despite the pressure of non-Polish administrations in Poland (during the 19th and early 20th centuries) resulting from Partitions of Poland, who often attempted to suppress the Polish language, a rich literature has developed over the centuries, and the language is currently the largest, in terms of speakers, of the West Slavic group.
Proverbs are short expressions of popular wisdom, in the form of a general observation about the world or a bit of advice, sometimes more nearly an attitude toward a situation.
The app brings up a proverb each time you open it, and users can refresh to see different proverbs. It can also be configured to remind at a set time everyday. The app can also be used to take a picture with the proverb appearing as a caption!
A repository like this app can help connect the old and new generations and help them be appreciative of each other. Swipe while using the camera to change caption.
With this simple application you can:
- Swipe from one proverb to the next
- Turn on clock mode to see proverbs auto refresh
- Share the proverb on Twitter and Facebook
- Take a picture with the proverb as a caption. Swipe to change the proverb while taking a picture.
- Apps now have a sticker pack included for iMessage